Share your thoughts, experiences or questions and participate in discussions over our favorite topic : SCUBA diving!

GoPro Tips and Tricks article

by Pete Bucknell on November 01, 2015

Nick Woodman, a young American surfer, desperately wanted images of himself surfing, personal and up close, and there seemed to be no camera available to exactly fulfill his requirements. He set about creating a solution. Slightly more than a decade later, his camera company has invaded the market with the small, waterproof, and extremely high-quality unit we know as the GoPro. Popular because of its size, price, and the quality of the video files it is capable of producing, the GoPro HERO, in its waterproof housing, has become an enormous asset to outdoor sports enthusiasts and all kinds of filmmakers—from the producers of Breaking Bad to youngsters making their first film in a...

Vote for us @ Disrupt

by Ksso on September 21, 2015

Vote here Voting finishes at 2pm PDT ! be quick !

The team at Diveboard has been busy cooking a new product for you ! It's called actvt (reads activity) and it's a mobile video-sharing and social-networking app that lets you select the highlights from your video clips with a tap of the screen and then automatically compiles them into a short edit ready to share.

We realized that with all the data we gathered on Diveboard, we were still missing the moments & emotions behind the data - so we worked on trying to find a way to provide you with just that !

We'll be unveiling actvt today at the biggest tech show on earth: TechCrunch Disrupt - we need your vote to win this !  ...

Hello World

by Piotr B. on July 10, 2015

The Great Giant Sea Bass Count 2015

by Connerj on July 06, 2015

It's that time of year again! The now annual Great Giant Sea

Bass Count (2015 edition) is almost here and we are gearing up to spot some

For any of those who didn't hear about the Great Giant Sea

Bass Count last year, the project involves using observations and sightings

from recreational divers to help us better understand how many giant sea bass

(aka Black Sea Bass, Giant Black Sea Bass, etc.) call the waters of Southern

California "home". Since the moratorium on fishing giant sea bass was

implemented, these gentle giants appear (unofficial observations suggest) to be

rebounding from their near local extinction in the early 20th century, thus ...

Diving in Japan

by Stein Castillo on June 23, 2015

Can anyone recommend a good diving operator based in Tokio. I will be spending a weekend there and would like to squeeze some diving.

Diveboard connects with Movescount - Check it out and win !

by Ksso on June 22, 2015

We've been willing to do it a long time ago - I still remember us talking with the Suunto team at DEMA in 2013 about this. And today it's finally there thanks to the joint effort we  made ! Suunto users who have been enjoying the smooth Moovescount upload through their favorite DM5 agent can now easily pull their dives from Movescount to Diveboard.

This is really the best of both worlds for Suunto customers and at Diveboard we're really proud to be the first to bring you this integration.

To try it out, head over to the Dive Manager and you'll find the "Movescount import" button on the "Bulk upload" tab. You'll also find it on the "Profile" tab on the edit of your dives. ...

Where to dive on the 7th - 10th August in Asia from Singapore

by Des Williams on June 13, 2015

Hello all, 

I am advanced open water diver with a strong interest in underwater photogrpahy. I'm based in Singapore and am looking for a dive weekend in either Malaysia or Indonesia. 

I have over 200 dives and have dived in Ireland, Red Sea, Canaries, Maldives and Komodo. I am used to currents and cold. I am Irish by the way :) 

Would anyone have any suggestions please? 

Much appreciated!

Where to dive in Spain in Mid November

by Mike Johnson on June 05, 2015

I am going to be in Spain with work in November and am looking for suggestions of where to dive and what dive resort to go through. I'll probably have a day or two to work with.

by Mainer on May 08, 2015

Has anybody been to Dominica, recently?  We went years ago, before the Lionfish dessimated the Caribbean.  It was absolutely wonderful!  Wondering if the Lionfish have taken its toll on that Island.  Would love to go back, but if there's little to see, we don't see the point.  We have resorted to endure 14-21 hour planerides to go to the Philippines and Indonesia, in order to make diving worth while.

New Olympus TG-4

by Stein Castillo on May 03, 2015

Hi there!

I am planning to buy a new camera, I've decided to get the new Olympus TG-4. Does anyone know when this camera will be available in Europe?

Share your experiences, thoughts, or ask a question

What's up on Diveboard