Community

Share your thoughts, experiences or questions and participate in discussions over our favorite topic : SCUBA diving!

Cnidariapocolypse III – The Final Rapture!

by Scuba Steve Colorado on April 18, 2014

In Cnidariapocolypse II – 2Narced/2N… well 2Narced! our daring divers averted disaster for themselves but the threat to civilization lingered.

Somewhere… in the deep dark abyss… was… the monster…

…or was there?

Dive in for more on my blog - Cnidariapocolypse III - The Final Rapture

Photo by Derek Keats. Used with permission.

Read More...

Cnidariapocolypse II – 2Narced/2… well 2Narced!

by Scuba Steve Colorado on April 16, 2014

In the last exciting episode of Cnidariapocolypse our intrepid divers were confronting both the great cnidarian leviathan and the ‘rapture of the deep’.

…and let’s face it things were not looking good…

You may have been there yourself at some point; found yourself mid-dive with a buddy that just wasn’t quite all there (assuming they were normally there in the first place – divers can be a silly lot).

Problem solving underwater is a key element to safe and enjoyable diving and this is how Doug and I kept things together and survived the Cnidariapocolypse.

Dive in to read more... Cnidariapocolypse II – 2Narced/2… well 2Narced!

SKuba Steve ...

Read More...

Cnidariapocolypse – N2 Narcosis Saves the World – Sort Of

by Scuba Steve Colorado on April 15, 2014

It happened over the course of just a few seconds. Seconds though that stretched to what felt like strands of never ending salt water taffy, long and sticky.My dive buddy and I were coming up from a great SCUBA dive on a reef in Bonaire. At around 43' I looked up to see a wonder. The sun was shining down through the last atmosphere and a half of our dive and those rays reflected through the fragile bell of a jelly fish. The light shone through in such a way that it seemed the creature was lit from within.

At the time I didn't carry a camera (think... pre GoPro... or PG as I'm fairly confident we'll refer to any date prior to the 2010 release of the GoPro Hero HD system. Just sayin'.) and...

Read More...

Chichiriviche de la Costa Venezuela

by Antonio Enrique Dugarte Guedez on April 14, 2014

In the western area of the Central Coast and about an hour from Simon Bolivar Airport, lies the beautiful bay of Chichiriviche, the beach is clean with lots of beach for relaxing or sunbathing, with gentle waves and quite deep. 

It is ideal for many to get started in scuba diving and there are training centers, dive instructors who can help with site experience. The fund can observe coral sandy rocky or coral, coral walls and abundant marine life such as angelfish, cachamas, bulls, corocoros, trumpet fish, corrotuchas, sergeants and amberjack. At 22 mts. deep divers (they succeed) are welcomed by a statue of Jesus Christ with open arms welcoming marine explorers. ...

Read More...

Finding the Giant Squid

by Ksso on April 11, 2014

An absolutely must-see TED Talk by marine biologist Edith Widder explaingin how they managed to attract and make footage of the giant squid.

As Edith reminds us, we've only explored 5% of our oceans - there's still a lot to discover! Hidden in the abyss may be more wonders like the giant squid produced by hundreds of millions of years of evolution.

Read More...

Is Your Dive Computer Your Submersible Pressure Gauge?

by Scuba Steve Colorado on April 03, 2014

With the proliferation of dive computers and the recent release of a recreational option from Shearwater(Shearwater just contact me for an address to send the demo ;) ) dive computers are moving from luxury to must-have dive gear.

This shift is for good reason. There are many benefits to diving a computer and the counter arguments are quickly losing ground to experience and dive data.

As ‘air integration’ or what might be more easily said… dive computers that ‘monitor your tank pressure’… becomes more popular as well, it begs the question:

Does an air integrated computer replace your submersible pressure gauge (SPG)?

Read More...

has anyone been to the Brothers Islands, Red Sea lately?

by Swampdiver on March 29, 2014

We thinking of booking a diving trip in the Red Sea and looking for information about the Liveaboard Emperor Elite

Read More...

When do you love a desiccated isopod?

by Scuba Steve Colorado on March 26, 2014

Taking a day to go diving off Anacapa during a trip to California for your sister's wedding... awesome!

Finding a desiccated isopod in your divebag a few years after the trip... priceless!

Read more on my blog!

The surface interval's over... get out there and dive!

SKuba Steve

Read More...

Mochima National Park

by Antonio Enrique Dugarte Guedez on March 24, 2014

Mochima National Park is 600 m. above sea level, northeast of Venezuela, between the cities of Barcelona, ​​Puerto La Cruz and Cumana, and extends along the coast over an area of ​​94.935 hectares. 

Its beauty is diverse: spectacular beaches like the Gulf of Santa Fe, the archipelago Drunk, the Peninsula and Bay Manare Mochima, multiple islands, many of them virtually untouched, as the Caracas Islands and Chimana Islands, and unique combination of mountains kiss the sea. All these wonders can be reached by boat service area. and has more than 60 dive sites ...

Read More...

Great new friends on a Try SCUBA!

by Scuba Steve Colorado on March 19, 2014

Well, I had a great time doing Try SCUBAs with seven great folks!

Here’s a quick video of our time in the pool.

Many thanks to Chad, Derek, Valerie, Madeleine, Owen, Maggie & James for stopping by and taking some time to find out what it’s like to breathe underwater! We’re looking forward to working with you to get your certification and to seeing where your SCUBA adventures will take you!

The Video!

The surface interval's over... get out there and dive!

SKuba Steve

http://www.underpressurediveblog.com

Read More...

Share your experiences, thoughts, or ask a question

WRITE A POST
What's up on Diveboard

Discover how the world is diving

Did you loose your password? Type in your email and we'll send you a link to recover it

required

required

too_short required