- Nº50 Date: 2007-03-02 - 10:30
- Max Depth: 14m Duration: 45mins
Overcast but with calm seas after the storm of the past couple of days. Took 1hr 40mins to get to the dive site (Hastings Reef, "Fish Bowl") by boat. Dove at high tide. There were four of us in our dive group and Ian, our guide, brought us on a guided tour of the reef.
Brought my compact canon camera (S45) and its housing of course. Need to get a strobe for it as i am missing out on the wonderful colours of the reef. I got a few pretty good phots and can tweak them in photoshop to compensate fo the lack of light.
There was a slight current running near the top of the reef so we stayed pretty much between the mid to bottom section. Hundreds of fish about. No sharks! (still looking forward to seeing one in it's natural habitat).
Had a very enjoyable dive but to be honest the west coast of Ireland is just as spectacular.
- Temp: Bottom 29°C
- Dive type : Recreational, Reef, Photo, boat
- Visibility: Average Water: Salt
- Mask: H2O Odyssey 3 - MS8
- Weights: 8 kg
- Dive with Ian from Tusa Dive
- Tusa Dive confirmed the dive with parameters: 14m / 45mins
Link to this spot:
- Body of water:
- 1. Air
- 12L Steel 210 → 50 bar
- Average depth: 9.3m