Scuba diving enthusiast since 2008. Prefers the waters warm and clear, but almost anything goes.
Places I've Dived
- Total number of dives not on diveboard:
This number is added to the total number of dives logged in Diveboard (public+private) for the stat "Total number of dives".
- Dives published:96
- Total dives count:129
- Dives this year:4
- Total underwater time on Diveboard:2 days 14 hrs 48 min
- Most dives on Diveboard in:
- Deepest Dive:
31m in Larnaca, Cyprus
- Longest Dive:
68 min in Loppi, Räyskälä, Finland
- Pictures in logbook:132
- Number of species spotted:237
Petri Hirvonen's dives and posts rRSS feed
White River Beach is a beach where water runs "white" from the mountains during winter time. Located on the way to Lara Bay, 8 km closer to Paphos. Lot of small caverns and swim-throughs. Not a lot of marine life. A bit rough waves on the shore when coming back from the dive. First dive with my new Mares Puck Pro computer, didn't notice before the dive that the settings were on 35% nitrox. Later found out that at the same time it was the last dive for my Mares Hydrex-J snorkel, since the bottom part of it fell off somewhere during the dive.
Second dive of the day at Grand Island. This tme to Turbo Tunnels, a maze of swim-throughs, canyons and caverns.
The name of the site is said to come from one of the swim-through caverns where you can in suitable conditions come out from the top of it like from pistol's mouth. Mostly rocky bottom, lots of swim-throughs. Some sandy areas. Large areas of sea grass. Air temperature aprox. +30 C, windy and a bit cloudy. Little of dwelling on surface, in deeper water almost still.
Beautiful calm morning in Latchi! On a boat from harbour to St. George Island. First dive along The Wall from 10m all the way down to 30m and up again.
- PADI Deep Diver (Jul 2016)
- PADI Dry Suit Diver (Oct 2015)
- PADI Project AWARE Specialist (Nov 2014)
- PADI ENRICHED AIR DIVER (Jun 2012)
- PADI RESCUE DIVER (Jun 2011)
- PADI EFR - Primary Care (CPR) & Sec Care (1st) w/ AED (May 2011)
- PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER (Jun 2009)
- PADI OPEN WATER DIVER (Jun 2008)