Scuba diving enthusiast since 2008. Prefers the waters warm and clear, but almost anything goes.
Places I've Dived
- Total number of dives not on diveboard:
This number is added to the total number of dives logged in Diveboard (public+private) for the stat "Total number of dives".
- Dives published:96
- Total dives count:129
- Dives this year:4
- Total underwater time on Diveboard:2 days 14 hrs 48 min
- Most dives on Diveboard in:
- Deepest Dive:
31m in Larnaca, Cyprus
- Longest Dive:
68 min in Loppi, Räyskälä, Finland
- Pictures in logbook:132
- Number of species spotted:237
Petri Hirvonen's dives and posts rRSS feed
The name of the site is said to come from one of the swim-through caverns where you can in suitable conditions come out from the top of it like from pistol's mouth. Mostly rocky bottom, lots of swim-throughs. Some sandy areas. Large areas of sea grass. Air temperature aprox. +30 C, windy and a bit cloudy. Little of dwelling on surface, in deeper water almost still.
Second dive of the day. Firstly to an entrance of a deep cave by the side of the island at 8m. Then alongside the island to deeper. Clear thermocline found in approx. 12m, water got much colder and visibility poorer. Decided to ascend a bit, which was a good decision cause then we were able to see a large school of Barracuda floating in the current!
First dive of the day from the boat Abu Mosad 2. Really nice weather , water surface almost flat. Nice walls, lots of fish. Round pinnacles reaching from bottom to surface, full of lionfish. Group of divemaster + 6
From Paphos harbour on Cydive I to a nice shallow dive around Aphorae Caves. Rosa didn't want to enter the cave so we didn't. OK sealife, Red Scorpionfish was nice to get found almost accidentally between the long crass.
- PADI Dry Suit Diver (Oct 2015)
- PADI Project AWARE Specialist (Nov 2014)
- PADI ENRICHED AIR DIVER (Jun 2012)
- PADI RESCUE DIVER (Jun 2011)
- PADI EFR - Primary Care (CPR) & Sec Care (1st) w/ AED (May 2011)
- PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER (Jun 2009)
- PADI OPEN WATER DIVER (Jun 2008)