Scuba diving enthusiast since 2008. Prefers the waters warm and clear, but almost anything goes.
Places I've Dived
- Total number of dives not on diveboard:
This number is added to the total number of dives logged in Diveboard (public+private) for the stat "Total number of dives".
- Dives published:71
- Total dives count:103
- Dives this year:0
- Total underwater time on Diveboard:1 day 22 hrs 20 min
- Most dives on Diveboard in:
- Deepest Dive:
31m in Larnaca, Cyprus
- Longest Dive:
68 min in Loppi, Räyskälä, Finland
- Pictures in logbook:127
- Number of species spotted:231
Petri Hirvonen's dives and posts rRSS feed
Deep dive of the PADI AOWD course.
The name of the site is said to come from one of the swim-through caverns where you can in suitable conditions come out from the top of it like from pistol's mouth. Mostly rocky bottom, lots of swim-throughs. Some sandy areas. Large areas of sea grass. Air temperature aprox. +30 C, windy and a bit cloudy. Little of dwelling on surface, in deeper water almost still.
Access to water from stony shore near a cooking shed where we had some snack after the dives. Some European Perch and Mussels. Clear weather, light winds (aprox. 2 m/s). Air temp. 20°C
From Paphos harbour on Cydive I to a nice shallow dive around Aphorae Caves. Rosa didn't want to enter the cave so we didn't. OK sealife, Red Scorpionfish was nice to get found almost accidentally between the long crass.
- PADI ENRICHED AIR DIVER (Jun 2012)
- PADI RESCUE DIVER (Jun 2011)
- PADI EFR - Primary Care (CPR) & Sec Care (1st) w/ AED (May 2011)
- PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER (Jun 2009)
- PADI OPEN WATER DIVER (Jun 2008)