- Nº35 Date: 2012-06-09 - 09:31
- Max Depth: 7m Duration: 66mins
A massive storm had passed through Sydney just a few days before with pouring rain & huge 6m swell and waves closing all beaches. So it was amazing conditions were as good as they were. Clear sunny skies and flat calm water surface however the visibility was very poor - some of the worst I've seen in sydney at just 3m.
Swam left (north) from Fairy Bower beach around large boulders and gullies. Turned at 100bar and returned. Moderately string surge the further north we went and this seemed to continue the way back.
This was the first dive with my new SeaLife DC1400 camera. Poor conditions for photography & flash was useless with that much particle back scatter. Paul borrowed my brand new dive torch and lost it.
Good variety of fish and sea life. Very dense schools of yellow tail and blackfish. A very long dive of over an hour.
Black spot goatfish
Crimson banded wrasse
- Dive type : recreational, Shore
- Temp: Surf 19°C Bottom 15°C
- Visibility: Bad Water: Salt
- BCD: Oceanic - Excursion 2
- Camera: Sealife - DC1400
- Regulator: Oceanic - Delta 4.2
- Regulator: Oceanic - CDX5 First Stage
- Camera: GoPro - Hero
- Weights: 8.5 Kg
- Dive buddies: Paul Scarlett
Link to this spot:
- Body of water: