Been diving now since 2001 although its only been in recent years that I've really pursued it. My diving occurs when I'm abroad on holiday as I'm yet to be convinced about UK diving. I enjoy all aspects of diving apart from long,rough boat journeys to dive sites and diving in less than five metres of Vis.(Just can't understand the point). I'm slowly acquiring my own set up and after renting a nice camera while on a recent live aboard in Australia am thinking about photography and buying my own camera. I particularly enjoy shark encounters and will seek those and wreck dives in as many places as I'm able to.
Places I've Dived
- Total number of dives not on diveboard:
This number is added to the total number of dives logged in Diveboard (public+private) for the stat "Total number of dives".
- Dives published:87
- Total dives count:87
- Dives this year:0
- Total underwater time on Diveboard:2 days 15 hrs 54 min
- Most dives on Diveboard in:
- Deepest Dive:
45m in Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Longest Dive:
68 min in Anse Cochon, Saint Lucia
- Pictures in logbook:85
- Number of species spotted:236
Data provided by EOL.org
Pete Lewis's dives and posts rRSS feed
Descended down onto the hull of the mighty SS Thistlegorm before entering the hold.Inside there was old Bedford trucks,Motorcycles all in a rack side by side, aeroplane wings and some old wellington boots from the crew that went down.Swam from room to room with quite a low ceiling so buoyancy had to be good. This was the first sustained overhead environment that I had swam in.Amazing dive.Used torch for inside the wreck as well as using a camera.Inside I also came across the largest Lionfish I've ever seen. Unforgettable dive.
- PADI SPECIALITY DIVER - AWARE SHARK CONSERVATION DIVER (Jul 2016)
- PADI SPECIALITY DIVER - PEAK PERFORMANCE BUOYANCY (Nov 2015)
- PADI ENRICHED AIR DIVER (Jul 2015)
- PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER (Dec 2014)
- PADI OPEN WATER DIVER (Jun 2001)